This year has been full of changes for me and my family. I went back to working f/t after my maternity leave ended. My oldest son started Kindergarten. My husbands commute increased. My youngest son learned how to walk, learned how to run and learned how to climb. I started this blog and my adventures into zero-waste fast food. This year was full of weddings and other joyous celebrations.
As far as New Years Resolutions go I have a few. Last year it was to keep up with the dishes more and not to go to bed without them at least in the dishwasher. We were not great with it but better than ever.
My hopes for 2012 include (but not limited to) –
1. More time for me including the occasional pedicure, facial or massage.
2. More one on one quality time with my kids.
3. More date nights with my husband (even if it’s just sharing a pizza and movie on the couch).
4. Get weight back in check by either diet or exercise or both.
5. Finish de-cluttering the house including the garage.
6. Complete our 3 year get out of debt plan before 2013 (right now we are off track but it could happen).
Energy is needed to do these things and it seems like I was lacking enough of it this year. Starting this past week I will be working a modified schedule for 4 weeks in order to jump-start some of these goals. Life sometimes needs some perspective which can be hard to get when on the hamster wheel.
Do you have any New Years Resolutions?
- Garbage gone wild. Plus a heap of Catholic guilt on the side. (stephaniegetsridofhercrap.wordpress.com)